Thursday, November 21, 2013

Second Annual Quilt Auction: April 2014

Last week, I shared with you that I've not been doing much quilting for next year's auction.  In fact, I did put together this little quilt (with the help of my friend, Anne), but guess what - it has already been snatched up!

IMG_9907-002


The fabric is the Riley Blake line "Happy Ever After," and I used a pattern found in Growing Up Modern  by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew.

My friend, Trudy, takes care of my youngest daughter, Marian, every Wednesday while I take Charlotte to the hospital for her chemo treatments.  Trudy is like another grandma to Marian. She has been so very generous with her time to her, and so very generous with her pocketbook to our quilt auction, so this quilt has already found a home with Trudy's granddaughter, April.

IMG_9902

I love the little castles, rolling hills, and the minky on the back!

IMG_9901

The princesses are so adorable; I think the blonde one below is "Princess April."

IMG_9905

While this quilt didn't make it to the auction before finding a home, I do have some others in the works.  Also, I've seen some pretty wonderful quilt tops that Tracy and Anne have put together - oh my!  Things are coming along...

I'm planning on running the quilt auction during the first week of April 2014.  Don't forget: if you've commmitted to making a quilt, I'd love to receive it by February.  I know the holiday season is upon us, but might that mean a bit of extra time to sew?

IMG_0268
With the tumor paralyzing her arms,
Charlotte has grown quite adept at turning pages with her feet.

We'd love your help!  Won't you help us raise funds for brain tumor research?  If you have any questions, please leave a comment or email me at charlottesgraceforacure{at}gmail{dot}com.


(Linking up with QuiltStoryMy Quilt InfatuationConfessions of a Fabric Addict, and Crazy Mom Quilts.)




10 comments:

  1. Another fabulous quilt and what a treasure Charlotte is :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you Trudy for all you do! I can't wait to see all of the beautiful quilts for the auction. Charlotte is awesome, I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the quilts, either ;) I'd better get busy stitchin'!

      Delete
  3. lucky april - it's such a cute little girls quilt!
    i love how charlotte is adapting and still reading. very sweet! hang in there, mom. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable quilt and even more adorable daughter. Bless your heart. I had to start following your blog as soon as I found you from linking up with Quiltstory. This past year I started making quilts to be auctioned, with all profits to be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. A good friend has a little boy with the disease. It is an amazing feeling to be able to do something I love and help find a cure at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the sweetest fabric, and the green background really sets it off!

    Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lauren,

    The quilt is so pretty, as are all your quilts - I have just been having a good look through your blog.

    That is a beautiful photo of Charlotte, she has such a look of delight on her face. Give her a kiss from me.

    Love from England,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!