Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"Happy Go Lucky" Hourglasses


 I finished this quilt maybe two months ago now... just trying to catch up on my blogging.  :)  


I paired a few fat-eighth cuts of Bonnie & Camille's "Happy Go Lucky" fabrics with some solids that I had on hand.  Then I dug into my scrap bin for the piano keys border.


I just love how it turned out!  Really: this is one of my top three favorite quilts.


I did the backing with another piece of "Briar Rose" that I had on hand. I'm just not sure I can get enough of those mama bees knitting!


This was a gift for Baby Lucy whom I know from church. Her mother is a dear who appreciates handmade goods and once upon a time called my quilts "Rad."  Yup... that's how you get on the fast track to a handmade quilt in my book.  


"Rad" + new baby = I'll whip you up a quilt in no time.  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful :-) I especially love the mix of different coloured solids. And the design is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is lots to love about this pretty quilt - B&C fabric, stash sewing, piano keys, and that backing!!! RAD indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rad :) . What an awesome quilt - I love the fabrics, the colors, the pattern, and, of course, the name of the baby recipient! How sweet is that backing material?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I have a stash of Bonnie and Camille fabrics for a farmer's wife quilt that I (eventually) want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha - you have me laughing and smiling Lauren over your ""Rad" + new baby = I'll whip you up a quilt in no time." formula! It's such a sweet quilt and I too love that little knitting bee!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!