Monday, March 31, 2014

Dolce Quilt


I should probably just let this quilt speak for itself.  It is such a beauty.

IMG_1091

Anne used Tanya Whelan's "Dolce" line of fabric for this.  Isn't it gorgeous?

IMG_1093

Uh-oh... I think I photographed the birds upside down.  Sorry, Anne.  Anyhow, I just love the colors in these fabrics.  They are so feminine without being too "girly," if you know what I mean.

IMG_1094

I also love the play of florals and birds right alongside the modern geometric shapes and scallops.  So hip!

IMG_1095

The color gradient is so nice, too.  I just love how Anne lined up those rows and set them on point!

IMG_0968

Here are some more close up pictures of the lovely fabric.

IMG_0970

Anne used this gray solid for the binding.  It worked out so nicely.

IMG_0971

For the quilting, Anne did an edge-to-edge meander, which you can see in the above picture.

IMG_0977

It's almost a twin-size quilt.  Just a tad short on the length.  Maybe it'd be great for, say, a daybed?  ;)

IMG_1097

And here is the back of the quilt.  Perfection.

Trust me: everyone who sees this quilt, loves it.  I don't think I have to beg you to bid on it.  It's a goner.  So without further ado, please give generously to help cure the kids.

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed.



Quilt Stats:
Size: 60 x 77 inches
Made by: Anne Reinhart
Fabrics: "Dolce" by Tanya Whelan

(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!