Monday, March 31, 2014

The Mountain Lodge Quilt


My friend, Kris, put together this wonderful quilt from upcycled wool sweaters.  Isn't it wonderful?  She and I both see this quilt finding a home in a mountain lodge.  Or a lake home.  Or maybe just some place that gets really cold in the winter and needs some cozy-ing up?

IMG_0792

Kris says that this type of quilting is called "felted wool quilting."  It's the first time I've ever seen a quilt like this; isn't it great?!

IMG_0758

This quilt showed up on my doorstep in the dead of winter.  I can attest... it is super warm and cozy!  My kids took to it right away.  (Don't worry, I shooed them away, so it's still in mint condition.)  But kids know best sometimes, don't they?

IMG_0793

There are deep navy blues, burgundy, forest green colors, and of course the cream colored blocks.

IMG_0756


And then the backings is piece of navy blue fleece.

IMG_0759

It might be spring by now wherever you live, but winter will come again next year, and you'll want something warm for those cold, cold nights!  On my honor: this felted wool quilt will do the trick.

To keep warm next winter and help cure kids with brain tumors all in one fell swipe of the credit card, please ...

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed.


Quilt Stats:
Size: 51 x 58 inches
Made by: Kris Sommer
Fabrics: Upcycled wool sweaters and fleece

(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!