Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jamie's Mini Whole Cloth


Yesterday I posted our largest and most expensive quilt yet; so on the heels of that, today I'm posting our smallest and least expensive quilt. 


This quilt is a mini whole cloth.  It is completely hand-stitched and entirely lovely.  


Consider this your opportunity to win 15 square inches of handmade, hand-stitched, simple beauty. 

This quilt was donated us to by my friend, Jamie.  Jamie and I have been friends since we met in old Stone Hall in the fall of 1999.  We were at Penn State for our freshman year of college, became fast friends, and though I transferred universities the following year, our friendship has remained.

Look at all these perfect, little stitches!

At Penn State, Jamie majored in civil engineering.  Nowadays, her husband does most of that, while Jamie is usefully employed as "head domestic engineer."  Hearkening back to a slower life (not to mention a life when postage stamps were cheaper), Jamie and I mostly write snail mail letters to each other.  I am constantly amazed at all of her new ventures in homemaking.  She lives in an old farmhouse that she and her family have been renovating slowly but surely.  She gardens and cans her own vegetables.  And now she's into all sorts of textile arts, quilting being only one of them.  And all of this with three, little ones underfoot.


Isn't this little quilt so lovely?  Jamie and I were both suburban teenagers when we met, so you can imagine how impressed I am with all of her slower, country life ways.  

Jamie's mom is a breast cancer survivor, so she knows that cancer stinks.



I think this little quilt would be lovely under a vase of flowers in the center of the table.  (Marcus got me this bouquet for my birthday recently.  What a sweet husband.)




It would also look nice on a square end table or nightstand.  Or maybe hanging on the wall?  

Okay, okay... first things first: win the quilt, then decide what to do with it.


Quilt Stats
-Measures: 15 x 15 inches
-Made and quilted by: Jamie Bricker
-Fabric: 100% white cotton whole cloth
-Smoke- and Pet Residue-Free

Auction Details
-Please place a bid in the comment section below.  If you are posting as "anonymous," then please leave your name in the comment form, e.g. "Jane Doe bids $30."
-Starting bid: $30, increase by $5 (minimum).  (Proceeds to benefit brain tumor research!)
-Auction closes on Friday, April 19, 8 p.m. EST.




4 comments:

  1. Trudy del Toro starts the bidding on this exquisite piece of hand work at $40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I will bid $45.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy del Toro raises her bid to $50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling crazy this Friday night! It's such a good cause and it's almost race time. So I've got to go $55

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!