Monday, March 31, 2014

Chocolate Cherries Quilt


Oh. my. goodness.  Do you see this quilt?  Do you see those blocks with all that piecing?  This quilt is sooooo beautiful.

IMG_1135

Really.  This is the type of quilt that I receive where I am nervous to touch it and think: "I'd better step up my quilting game."

IMG_1137

Honest to goodness, I'm not sure there's a mistake in this quilt.  Anywhere.  Maybe Laurie herself could find one, but as for me, the block are all just meticulously pieced.  This ain't no second-rate quilt donation, friends!  Laurie sent us her best.

IMG_1138

These blocks are all so wonderful.  There are so many different fabrics tucked into this quilt.  All shades of rosy pinks, chocolate browns, and creamy creams.  (Is "creamy creams" a color.  Yup - I thought I made it up.)  Laurie named this quilt "Chocolate Cherries."  I think that's just perfect!

IMG_1139

Along with her daughter, Logan, Laurie runs the business Chocolate Dipped Quilts.  Laurie started quilting eight years ago when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She "used it as a relaxing hobby while going through chemo and radiation treatments, [but she] soon became addicted!"

IMG_1140

I am so glad that Laurie is doing so well now and is in full remission.

IMG_1141

These blocks are all just so wonderful because of how they look so different depending on where Laurie placed the higher and lower volume prints.  I just love this block!  It's an Ohio Star, but with a four-patch in the corner.  Plus sashing and cornerstones.  (Meaning: I don't really know what it's called.  :)  )

IMG_1143

And here is a picture of the back.  (Sorry for the shadow.)  You can see in the picture below that the fabric is just the teeniest gingham you've ever seen!  And of course there's the quilting, too: an edge-to-edge meander.

IMG_1144

How can you turn this one down?!  Seriously - it's GORGEOUS!  Get it for the beloved quilter in your life.  Really - quilters love quilts!  Even the ones they don't make.  This one will be loved and children will be helped.

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed.


Quilt Stats:
Size: 60 x 72 inches
Made by: Laurie Suzanne of Chocolate Dipped Quilts
Fabrics: various premium quilting fabrics



(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt! I love the variations produced by differing the fabric choices all using the same quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing ! What a lovely quilt! I didn't even realize it was the same quilt block until I read the comment above mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely project, and finished too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!