Monday, March 31, 2014

Maritime Modern Baby Quilt


I just love this quilt's story.  It starts with this quilt that my sister, Theresa, commissioned for a friend.  I had some fabric remaining, but not a clue of what to do with it.  So I passed it off to Tracy who came across this pattern (for free!) and decided it would be a perfect fit.  I agree!

IMG_1034

So Tracy pieced the top, then we sent it off to Logan of Chocolate Dipped Quilts who had offered her quilting services to help with this fundraiser.  What a sweet lady!

IMG_1037

She did bubbles inside the white star, then waves everywhere else.  I think it is just perfect!

IMG_1038

The Maritime Modern fabric is so much fun - ships on the open sea, barnicles, Moby the whale, nautical ropes and a woodgrain.  Plus, Tracy threw in some blenders like gray solids, Pearl Bracelets, and polka dots.

IMG_1039

Here's another close-up:

IMG_1004

Now, I thought I had a backing for this, but it turns out I was wrong.  So I asked Anne if she had anything that she could part with that might work, and before I could blink she tossed this to me:

IMG_1041

It's so perfect!!!  The colors match the front perfectly, and I just love that broken chevron pattern.  It's kinda wavy itself, don't you think?

IMG_1042

And lastly, Tracy prepped the binding for me, and I hand-stitched it.  I just love that part!

So there were four of us, from North Carolina to Utah, involved in making this quilt.  How's that for a modern quilting bee?

Want to win this quilt?  100% of the proceeds will help cure kids with brain tumors.

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed


Quilt stats:
Size: 38 x 43 inches
Pieced by: Tracy Minyard
Quilted by: Logan Marriott
Fabrics: Maritime Modern by Marin Sutton and other premium quilting fabrics

(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!